About Me

My photo
I'm Ashley and I live and breathe art. Artistic expression is how I get through my day. Won't you try it?

Monday, December 27, 2010

Gifts

Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday!  Did you get any good gifts?  Spend time with family?  I did and had alot of fun!  I received a very cool gift from my boyfriends brother.  It was a two series book of photography, sculpture, painting and more with a bunch of art history and pictures of art work.  It's such a great gift that keeps on giving.  I brought this one up first, because it relates to this art site but the ultimate gift was the one my aunt gave.  My grandfather passed last year and I was very close to him.  Before he passed, my aunt got a lock of his hair and the gift was for myself as well as my cousins, aunts, uncle and my mom.  It's a cylinder that you can open (kind of like a locket) with a plastic baggy with strands of my grandfathers hair in it.  I was very overwhelmed with sadness and happiness.  I will cherish it forever as I will have a little piece of my grandfathers memory with me wherever I go.  Again, I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas filled with love and laughter.  I know I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment