About Me

My photo
I'm Ashley and I live and breathe art. Artistic expression is how I get through my day. Won't you try it?

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Meditation

Meditation is a piece I did today from a conversation I had last night about finding myself.  I had a rough year in 2009 and it took alot out of me.  From January up until August I had an absolutely terrible year from the choices I made.  I thought I knew who I was.  I lost my mind that year and I was reckless in a sense.  I was lying in bed with Casey last night talking to him about that.  I worry alot about everything and he suggested I look at meditating and trying to be happy with myself, by myself because in the end, we have to be happy with ourselves.  So, this is a painting of my frustration of my mind constantly running while my body and soul are still attached and the title is the solution to that problem.  Enjoy.

Meditation
Latex on canvas, 2011
4 x 2ft

No comments:

Post a Comment